Welcome to Winnie's Blog!!

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My name is Winiford Sheila OHLEGSCHLAGER BAILEY. I'm happy you dropped by even if only for a minute or two. I guess I should have baked some chocolate chip cookies for you, but I never was a cookie baking mother or grandmother.

I was born at the end of the Oregon Trail in Wasco County, once a very large county, in the city of The Dalles, on the southern bank of the Columbia River where my OHLEGSCHLAGER branch has resided since 1863. I was baptised in the mighty Columbia River and weaned on Northwest History. Is it any surprise I became interested in genealogy? My family tree may not be very large, old or distinguished, but it is all my sister and I have . . . along with our pictures.

Parents and Sunday school taught me to make wise choices. By far the wisest choice I ever made took place on February 19th 1939 when I said "I do". Jack Raymond BAILEY and I were married in the home of my grandfather, Harry T. SHEARER, of The Dalles, Oregon. The BAILEY brothers, Jack and Donald and their siblings come from a very long line of distinguished ancestors going back into very ancient history that includes the Magna Carta Barons ... of which they are members in the National Society. Their parents, Walter Raymond BAILEY and Mabel Clair WITHERS, each descend from a passenger or two on the Mayflower. Their more recent ancestors, at least 8 or 9 couples, crossed the plains between 1848 and 1864 to settle in Oregon, mainly in Clackamas and Lane counties.

Over the years I have collected volumes of information on my family and the family of my husband Jack, as well as the allied families. This new electronic media gives me the opportunity to share some of that information with you and, with a bit of luck, meet some new cousins. I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often.
Winiford Sheila Ohlegschlager Bailey - 2005

0 comments:

 
Winnie's Family - by Templates para novo blogger